Welcome to SPBC Intergroup of AA
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
We are requesting Group History forms from all the A.A. Groups in south county, and we need your help! Whether you are a new group, an old group, a re-named group or a branch off another group... please ask the old-timers or original members to assist in your Group's history. Anything and everything that they remember is of interest to our Archives. Download the form: click here ___________________________________________________________________
Am I An Alcoholic?
Take this quick, easy self assessment test and we'll
help you find out.
INTERGROUP: FAST FACTS
• Serving Alcoholics 24-hours a day, 365 days a year!
• Volunteers, coordinated through Intergroup, handle 12-Step calls helping those who ask for help.
• Serves 169 groups in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, and Lantana representing 341 meetings per week as of July 2013.
• Takes AA meetings into Hospitals and Institutions through an H&I Committee and many volunteers.
• Maintains AA meeting schedules published online / in print (“Where & When”).
• Maintains inventory of AA literature, pamphlets, medallions, plus other items.
• Publishes monthly newsletter (SCAAN).
• Coordinates two 36-hour Alcathons, supported by many groups.